How to access reports
- Ensure the user you are signed in with is in the Admin role
- Open the Create Team app inside teams
- Click Administration
- Click Generate Report
- Wait up to 5 minutes, do not close the page. (will most likely complete within 5 seconds)
- Open CSV once downloaded
How to interpret reports
The report will contain 4 columns
- Id of the team, this is also the id of the associated group in microsoft graph and can be used to query extra data
- Display Name, the name of the team. (if an error occurs, in rare circumstances where this cannot be retrieved this will be displayed as “N/A”)
- Created Date Time, the date the team was original created in dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm format (time is 24 hours, UTC)
- Created By, that will be a different value depending on if the “hide-pii” feature is enabled or not:
- If enabled (default) - the user object ID of the signed in user who created the team
- If disabled - the UPN of the user that created the team via CreateTeam. The report will not show the team if created natively (you can however find the user and relative information in the O365 Security and Governance audit logs.)
- If an error occurs when logging the audit, the user object ID will be logged.
- Approved By, represents the user who has authorised and approved the team creation via email, achieved through the multi-step approval process.
- If enabled (default) - the user object ID of the user who has approved the creation of the team
- If disabled - the UPN of the user who has approved the creation of the team.
- If an error occurs when logging the audit, the value will be displayed as “N/A”.
If the value is blank for Approved By, this means that this feature/column had not yet been implemented when those teams were originally created
Any unexpected or error mis-configured feature errors will be detailed and accessible in Application Insights
The report will only contain teams created in the last 90 days
The report will only contain teams created by CreateTeam
The report will only contain teams in the tenant you are currently signed into
The report will order the teams by date created from newest to oldest (max 90 days)